Baaad Knife Edges.

Try this.

Scary Sharp Method

You need to remove any knicks in the blade before progressing to actually sharpening it. I generally use a stationary grinder to remove large knicks or chips in the blade, but it can be done with a little elbow grease and a sharpening stone.

Nate Robinson. :D

PS for more info do a forum search on scary sharp method.

Try this.

Scary Sharp Method

You need to remove any knicks in the blade before progressing to actually sharpening it. I generally use a stationary grinder to remove large knicks or chips in the blade, but it can be done with a little elbow grease and a sharpening stone.

Wouldn't grinding them down make the shorter, thus change where the tremolo sits on the body? could this screw up intonation?

Try this.

Scary Sharp Method

Thanks for that link, now after reading this article I think instead of throwing away all those Gillette blades, I will reshapen them with sandpaper and use them again. LOL

On a serious note, instead of explaining everything here, I'll just point you in the right direction.

Tremolo base knife edge worn or burred at the pivot point - This is not common on Edge tremolos, but is very common on original Floyd Rose tremolos due to a defect in their design. Interestingly Ibanez improved upon a major flaw thus reducing this problem with the Edge.

Fix - Further explanation later but briefly you need to file the knife edge smooth. You can use a thin fine metal file. Remove the tremolo and arm holder. File the knife edge by holding the file at a slight angle. File in one direction from the fine tuner side of the pivot point toward the front of the bridge. Repeat for the top and bottom of the right and left pivot point.

->

This was taken from this jemsite link!!

Try this.

Scary Sharp Method

Wouldn't grinding them down make the shorter, thus change where the tremolo sits on the body? could this screw up intonation?

Doubtful, since you can adjust each saddle, individually, to compensate for it. I mean, you don't want to get TOO crazy with it, though.