My Completed Rockbeach Camelbackpacker

No clips yet... The tone pot has a problem causing 60Hz to bleed through when the strings aren't touched, but the tone was UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! Each coil is wildly unique when tapped and it seems like this configuration makes the coil and pickup differences even bigger further enhancing the versatility of this incredibly comfortable guitar... The first picture shows how well balanced it is. The rest are simply camera wankage! :D

CamelBackPacker7s.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Gui...ackPacker8s.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Gui...ckPacker10s.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/boggs.com/Gui...ckPacker11s.jpg

Additionally, I have an appointment tomorrow evening to demo my guitars for a potential customer and also for the guy who is interested in buying a CNC mill for making bodies for me! :D Boggs

Great little guitar you've got there Boggs. Hope it work out for you with the demo, I'm sure we'd all like for someone to buy us a CNC mill.

I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to woods, so could you tell me what that body wood is, it looks nice, could you maybe post a close-up pic of it?

Thanks,

Maurits

The top and back are koa that I bought when I was in Hawaii 2 years ago and the chambered midsection is Cuban mahogany and there is a layer of maple veneer between the koa and the mahogany. I did the bookmatching also.

The demo went unbelievably well! I brought that guitar and two others and the guy's parting words were (paraphrased), "If you go out and play a thousand guitars and one... maybe two of them just feel perfect in your hands, like they were meant to be there, you're doing really well. I felt three of them tonight!" :D

The machineist just called me and told me he has a sample already down at my other test area at work... He is really psyched!!!

I believe I like koa a lot now, thanks for that.:D

And congrats on the succesfull demo, being told that your guitars are that good must be quite flattering. Did you by any chance bring that Padauk P-90 (that was you that built that wasn't it?:D) guitar you build some time ago?

Congrats,

Maurits

I believe I like koa a lot now, thanks for that.:D

And congrats on the succesfull demo, being told that your guitars are that good must be quite flattering. Did you by any chance bring that Padauk P-90 (that was you that built that wasn't it?:D) guitar you build some time ago?

Congrats,

Maurits

I was building a bloodwood version for three P90ish custom blade pickups.. When I sell a guitar, I will have enough money to be able to do a proper neck for it...

Very glad to hear you guys like my wood choice for the small-body guitar. That, as I said, was the worst two pieces I have. I have enough for two more guitars. I wanted to submit it for the April Build of the Month, but is was locked out... Would it be okay to submit it for May? Boggs

Edited by Boggs

HA HA HA HA! :D That neck was one I had in the shop that was an "unshaped" 6-inline headstock. I shaped it based on what I had to work with. I figured for the prototype, it would be okay. Plays great, so no issues there and it, as the photo shows, is still well balanced. My intent for that model is to go to a 3+3 arrangement, so please don't judge it as the final iteration headstock design! :D

That is -way- cool. It looks like it would be very comfterable to play. You have to hook me up with some of this koa you get your hadns on :D:D

This guitar would be cool with a shorter scale like 24"

The 24.75" scale with 3+3 headstock is my intent. I used this 25.5" scale neck for the prototype because I had it and I wanted to compare tone directly to its bigger brother to see the effect of body size and shape. They are quite different. I think a big difference is maple neck vs. mahogany neck. I also have enough room to extend the scale to make it into a bass...

I got my koa at Paradise Hardwoods in Hawaii when I was there 2 years ago. He does have a website which you can google to find it.