My new travel guitar

Jehle

I got this little blue guitar from JCPenney for about 90 bucks. It sucked, and as a result, has been collecting dust in the corner.

This weekend, I routed out for a humbucker (PAF model, measures at 10.6k ohm), replaced the crappy knob with a nice chrome Tele knob, then leveled and polished the frets.

It screams now!

BlooDood.jpg

Next on the list, I want to make a neck for it that will be closer to full scale (24" Gibson-ish). It's really short now and the string tension is a killer.

Since when do they sell guitars @ JC Penney? Man, I don't live in the states but when I go down there next time im definately buying one of those (if I can find it) it looks kick ass! Also, is the ebony neck beside it the 24" scale? Just wonderin. Also, if it is the 24" scale, where did you find it, I couldn't find it on Warmoth or Stew mac, maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.

Aaron

DOH! I just found one at warmoth....hahaha

Since when do they sell guitars @ JC Penney? Man, I don't live in the states but when I go down there next time im definately buying one of those (if I can find it) it looks kick ass! Also, is the ebony neck beside it the 24" scale? Just wonderin. Also, if it is the 24" scale, where did you find it, I couldn't find it on Warmoth or Stew mac, maybe i wasn't looking hard enough.

Aaron

I got my very first bass (a Global, with a Harmony amp) from Penny's when I was 7. As far as I know JC Penny and Sears have ALWAYS had guitars in their catalogs (Sears actually used to sell Dean guitars and I got my first guitar, a Cort, from there). I don't think tthat either of them has ever had guitars in their stors, tho.

From the web:

http://www1.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductList.a...instr.&ShopBy=0

Aaron

Actually that neck is the Carvin neck that I got from Ryan (for Jellycaster #3). It's a garden variety 25.5" scale.

I don't see the little guitar on the JCPenny site. I do remember that it came from a sale catalog. It's also made by Harmony, a brand notorious for crap guitars.

I still have my brother's little Harmony that he got at the same time I got my bass. There's a not small part of me that wants to refurbish both of those instruments. Yes, they're 23 year old crap, but they were OUR 23 year old crap.

Oddly enough, both of those amps still work great. I actually run my drum machine through them and use them for clean tones on occassion.

Rather than start a new thread, I just thought I'd say that I've played one of these, just in case anybody was thinking of buying one(even though they probably arent) but it was really cool, not exactly the greatest sounding guitar, nor the most comfortable(the neck profile is half of a hexagon) and you can't bend the 'strings' but hey, its pretty cool none the less! :D

Aaron