How Do You Tell If Pots Are Tone Or Volume?

Logarithmic are better suited to volume, because they give a smoother volume change and linear ones are best suited for tone, but either type will work for either function.

If theres an A on the botom its logarithmic (volume) if there's a B its linear (tone)

As I said though the difference isn't crucially important

pots are pots, they only differ in value (reistance not £££ or $$$) and tapper (the rate at which resistance increase when you turn the pot) there is also quality but i wont really say much apart from this and this

volume pots work buy the sending signal to ground and tone works by bleeding treble although this is much better

• 3 weeks later...

pots are pots, they only differ in value (reistance not £££ or $$$) and tapper (the rate at which resistance increase when you turn the pot) there is also quality but i wont really say much apart from this and this

volume pots work buy the sending signal to ground and tone works by bleeding treble although this is much better

Um, what's the deal with the cryogenically treated pickups?

What are they defining as "cryogenics". (ie. what temp, how long etc)...

I know that the principle of supercooling electronics works but that was for heat generating devices like

computers. It just sounds like marketing BS but I may experiment myself I can find out what temps and times they are talking about. Have the equipment to measure the pickups output so can consider it a mythbuster like trial.