My tele needs a little help.

LLomens

I'm looking to change my tele setup. I currently have a Duncan "cool rails" humbucker in the bridge and the standard single coil in the neck. I'm using 500k pots, 1 vol, 1 tone, a 3 way switch and a coil tap...

I'm not overly happy with the my tone. I'm looking to get a little more treble when I use the humbucker as a single...

Could I just add a cap to my coil tap to add some treble? ...what value?

Should I use different value pots? I've seen tele setups with all 250k, 1 meg and a 250k and some other variations... Can anyone make a few suggestions? :D

Going to 250K pots will give you less treble. I use 'em in my Tele-Gib with the JB and Jazz HB Duncans 'cause it's what Seymour said sounds best for that combo...he's right. I put in a Fender 'no load' tone pot...just to try it, it 'click's at 11:00 bypassing the cap for a wide open tone that gives a bit more bite. I like it, still rolls off nicely like a stock pot. Not sure if they make those in 500K though...

http://www.montypics.com/pic.php?url=/butn...03_0382_IMG.jpg

Butnut made a good suggestion.

In additon, a 1M volume pot should make a small improvement but probably not as dramatic as you would like. With passive electronics, you can't really boost frequencies. With a 1M pot, you'll limit treble cut that the 500k volume causes.

You can also try cutting bass by adding a capacitor in series with your pickup but that would also lower the pickup's overall level. You could start with .002uF and go larger if there's too much bass cut or smaller if you want more bass cut.