Can You Buy-

Sir_Lex

Hey there , does anyone know of a shop in the u.k - online or otherwise where I can buy finger boards separatly, but with inlays and fret wire. and is it possible to buy the necks without fingerboards

as it would be good to make up some led necks without having to steam apart a prebought one or make my own.

Seriously ? is that all ? Most people have said crazy things like 1hr and half - Have you ever tried it on a cheap as you like neck, what was the problem like with inlays deforming etc ?

Yeah, that scared me off at first too...but since I had a couple of beater necks here, I had nothing to lose. The tutorial is helpful but should be updated --I think a lot of people have found that it's too extreme.

I spent more time doing the first neck --using lots of steam etc taking my time. But then I decided the steam idea was unneccessary --it's the heat that does the work. Steam might be necessary for neck joint--because ....

...Anyway, practice on a beater neck before moving on to fretboards you want to keep.

..Ohh right i'll give it a go with the old heat then ! lol.

But if you do come around unable to remove the fretboard or something, www.craftsupplies.co.uk in uk is known to be good for their luthier supplies. However, it may be hard to find the pdf luthiery catalogue so you have to scrounge a bit.

Edited by rokeros

Hey there , does anyone know of a shop in the u.k - online or otherwise where I can buy finger boards separatly, but with inlays and fret wire. and is it possible to buy the necks without fingerboards

as it would be good to make up some led necks without having to steam apart a prebought one or make my own.

If you're confident enough to start drilling out side dots, routing channel's in the back's of fretboards and then hacking up a guitar body to stuff the electrics in then surely you must be confident enough to grab yer mum's best cake spatula to rip the board off in the first place.

Jem :D