Trouble Picking Colour For Refinish...

Slabbefusk

Refinishing an Ibanez RG750  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I recently bought an Ibanez RG750 that had a very shabby paintjob so I got out a sander and a heatgun to strip the paint. The body is basswood and doesn't have the wildest grain around but I thought I could try doing a wacky paintjob of sorts. When I got down to the bare wood I saw nicks all over and thought "Yey wood finish..NOT!" so I've decided to do a solid colour.

The neck has a Rosewood fretboard with a white binding going all the way around as well as the headstock. I thought I'd pick a colour that would contrast a little with this binding or be more uniform (White) so the choices in the poll were the ones that popped up at first. If you have another suggestion please tell me!

I'd really love a cool EVH paintjob or something like George Lynch but I reckon it's out of my league at the moment so a solid colour it is. This guitar is also somewhat of a workhorse so it doesn't have to be super bling bling pimpin' it all over the place just something that doesn't look too bad.

I bet it would look awesome but I can't even picture the colour itself in my head and therefore the :D . And I did say that I wasn't going to attempt an EVH paintjob. The pickguard is black so I don't know how it would go with white but that can always be changed.

EDIT: Well Pearl White seems to be in the lead but I'm leaning towards Dark Red at the mo'.

Edited by Slabbefusk

• 2 weeks later...

Add a veneer and brown (flame or quilt) with black hardware and matching headstock

but you did say you wanted a solid job.. so might be a challenge.

For chrome hardware, I'd go solid dark navy-grayish type.. imo

My idea of finishing/choosing color for guitars is to accentuate the feel/shape of the guitar..

In this case.. it's very modern, if it's chrome hardware, most standard colors will feel at *home.

Or maybe you want something outrageous.. then you want some graphics. :D or pink..

• 1 month later...