Stopbar Fixed Bridge Combo

If you look closely in the picture you can see that the bridge is different then the wraparound styles

b9_1.JPG

The strings go throught the stoptail, do not wraparound and then rest of the tunomatic portion of the bridge

Does anyone know who makes this combo tailpeice/bridge that does not warparound?

Any help is welcome!

Edited by federaldepot

Are you absolutely sure it's not a Badass-style bridge that's been strung up improperly?

[edit: I've had a look, and you might be right after all... although my theory MIGHT still hold true, none of the wraparounds I've seen in a quick search could be strung up incorrectly in the way pictured here.]

Greg

Are you absolutely sure it's not a Badass-style bridge that's been strung up improperly?

[edit: I've had a look, and you might be right after all... although my theory MIGHT still hold true, none of the wraparounds I've seen in a quick search could be strung up incorrectly in the way pictured here.]

Greg

Yeah Its not a badass. Ive got a chrome one and it does not look like that

If you look closly at the bottom end of the bridge youll see the strings feeding straight through. To me this is an intelligent balance between the stopbar/tunomatic bridge combo.

Oh, I definitely see what you mean... but I was just thinking it could've been a Badass-style wraparound (not a true Leo Quan) strung up incorrectly. But pigtails and tonepros don't seem to do that, either.

Could be proprietary.

Oh, I definitely see what you mean... but I was just thinking it could've been a Badass-style wraparound (not a true Leo Quan) strung up incorrectly. But pigtails and tonepros don't seem to do that, either.

Could be proprietary.

Gee whiz I hope its not proprietary. Ive got a Tokai, Dillion and PRS SE with fixed bridges that I would love to change out for this one. I would think that having your strings going out straight would make them ring true and clear instead of bending them at a U angle

Ill have to buy this guitar on my next paycheck and get a good look at it. I could never figure out why the strings had to wraparound on the Badass bridge in the first place

Well, you could equally well ask why they shouldn't. I certainly wouldn't be changing out the bridges on instruments on a theory about the strings ringing clearer if they're not bent. It's not like they aren't plenty bent at the machine head any way....

Is there actually a problem you're trying to solve, or is it just someything you'd like to do?

I can't imagine you'd get any sort of improved tone or string performance from the way the bridge in your pic is working vs. a standard wraparound.

Well, you could equally well ask why they shouldn't. I certainly wouldn't be changing out the bridges on instruments on a theory about the strings ringing clearer if they're not bent. It's not like they aren't plenty bent at the machine head any way....

Is there actually a problem you're trying to solve, or is it just someything you'd like to do?

A little bit of both actually. The way I'm seeing it the majority of the string volume rings at the base of the guitar where the bridge is, not at the headstock where the tuning pegs are.

The strings going in at a straight angle at the base of the bridge in my theory should resonate better than strings that are bent at a u angle This is just my 2 cents

You've repeated the statement, but not actually clarified why you beleive it.

I don't believe the route the strings take after they've gone over the saddles (or past the nut for that matter) will make any measureable difference to the clarity of the guitar, because this portion of the string doesn't generate the sound when you pluck a the guitar. I can't see *anything* to suggest that design is superior to a standard wraparound.

If you like how it looks and feels, go nuts, but don't expect it to improve the sound one iota. :D

You've repeated the statement, but not actually clarified why you beleive it.

I don't believe the route the strings take after they've gone over the saddles (or past the nut for that matter) will make any measureable difference to the clarity of the guitar, because this portion of the string doesn't generate the sound when you pluck a the guitar. I can't see *anything* to suggest that design is superior to a standard wraparound.

If you like how it looks and feels, go nuts, but don't expect it to improve the sound one iota. :D

Sorry but I think Ive already clarified why I want to get a bridge of this design. Strings straight at the beginning base may produce better resonanace than strings bent at the base. Again, just my opinion. It will be 10 days before I can order the guitar to get a better look at it. I called BC Rich tech about the part but wont get a reply until Wed

Happy Independance day to all the USA posters! :D

Sorry but I think Ive already clarified why I want to get a bridge of this design. Strings straight at the beginning base may produce better resonanace than strings bent at the base.

See, I'd argue just the opposite, especially given the discussion in the myth/fact thread.

It makes more sense to me to focus all of string tension and all the vibration of the strings onto the saddle area--not past them.

Then there's the idea of what is the 'beginning' and what is the 'end'--sure the, vibration begins at the bridge, but the note/sound/resonance starts at the nut, or one of the frets.

Also, all of the little bits (the adjustable saddles, the screws, springs, etc.) will work AGAINST transmitting resonance. Each little bit absorbing more than they're passing on...like a game of croquet.

Far better to concentrate all of the vibration of the strings at the saddles.

Of course, that's just my theory, it's no more supported by fact than yours. Nothing to stop you from experimenting!