What Size Radius Block?

I have a packet of pre Radiused frets with no information on the pack what what the radius size is.

I drew curved lines with 4" radius, 6" 8" and 12".

The frets match up with the 8"" radius line, so does that mean I have to buy a 16" radius block ( 16" being the circumference of the circle) or an 8" radius block being the actual radius of the fret, (which I am not sure I have come across )

I am not sure how these blocks are described or sold, by the radius of the circle , or the circumference of the circle.

If any one knows can you also tell me where I can get one in the UK

Cheers people :D

not be an a$$ but they are called radius blocks because thats how they are measured and made.

as nitefly said, they are probably over bent and meant to go on a 7 1/4" radius fretboard.

cant help ya in the UK part. you might check Stew Mac if you hadnt already.

not be an a$$ but they are called radius blocks because thats how they are measured and made.

as nitefly said, they are probably over bent and meant to go on a 7 1/4" radius fretboard.

cant help ya in the UK part. you might check Stew Mac if you hadnt already.

Man, lose the attitude it doesn't fly well here. And you have it a little wrong. Overbent means you want them to be a smaller radius than the fretboard. So an 8" radius prebent fretwire would be used on a 9.5", 10", 12" etc.

A radius block size should be matched up with the radius of the fretboard. If the fretboard is not already radiused then you will need to choose what radius you want and buy that block size. Like Nitefly stated those pre-bent frets will work with most any fretboard radius. When you hammer or press in the frets they will shape to the radius of the fretboard. They are pre-bent to make them easier to install, not to make them specific to a radius. Get a fret hammer at the same time you get the radius block.