K, I fretted everything and the neck is practically ready to be glued in

But after I fretted I noticed there was an upbow in the neck, which wasn't there before..

What's going on?

Is it possible that med-high humidity here did this?

I put a little force on the truss rod to counter it, but can someone explain?

!!!!!!

When you slam in the frets, the tang is typically slightly wider than the slot, so the fret works to expand the slot slightly. Multiply this by 24 and you get an upbow.

Do you have a double-action rod in there? Backing off on it should do the trick.

It will be easier to level and crown the frets with the neck off.

When you slam in the frets, the tang is typically slightly wider than the slot, so the fret works to expand the slot slightly. Multiply this by 24 and you get an upbow.

Erm, surely that would be a backbow? If the top of the neck get's longer (as it's forced apart by the frets), sure that means it curves back?

Yes, we need to make sure we use the correct terminology. It would be best to describe neck bowing in terms of either forward bow (relief) or backward bow. Upbow and downbow are terms used to describe which direction to bow a stringed instrument.

I have a feeling that when he said upbow, he meant that the middle of the fretboard was higher than it was before fretting. We all know that up is not the opposite of back, :D

Ok sorry. I gotta clarify what I meant by upbow. It meant the middle was LOWER than the ends.

I put some force on the truss rod and now its almost flat with a slight.. very slight bow, like how it would be like on many setups.

So is this a problem or if I leave it with no turning of the truss rod what so ever, it would go back?

I don't think it would be much of a problem, but did anybody have a similar experience? Is this common?