Red Gum Body?

G'day,

Has anyone here built a body out of red gum? This probably applies more to the Aussies out there. I was thinking about a neck through double cutaway les paul and using red gum for the wings and covering the top with silky oak (lacewood) No idea about the neck yet probably five piece maple and something else. Just not sure if redgum is suitable for guitars.

:D

G'day,

Has anyone here built a body out of red gum? This probably applies more to the Aussies out there. I was thinking about a neck through double cutaway les paul and using red gum for the wings and covering the top with silky oak (lacewood) No idea about the neck yet probably five piece maple and something else. Just not sure if redgum is suitable for guitars.

It should be ok, but it will break your back in two :D

I would chamber it to get rid of the unwanted weight.

G'day,

It should be ok, but it will break your back in two B)

I forgot to mention that I'm BLOODY HUUGE!! :D

G'day,

It should be ok, but it will break your back in two B)

I forgot to mention that I'm BLOODY HUUGE!! :D

Yeah, be that as it may, you can do some injury up on stage...