Anyone Make Their Own Knobs

i got a lathe and am no expert, but i can make a damn good cylindar shape; i wanna turn a bunch of knobs, and was wondering where i could find the proper sized innerds (i wanna say sprokets, cause it sounds right;but i may just like the word) either that or i was thinking of having a lil allen screw like from bridge saddles to tighten against the post; but id really rather the ''sprockets";

maybe a circuit city?; im thinkin in the way of where ppl would go when they break their tv knob or sumtin?

help please

thank you

You can try using radio controlled model wheel collars, which are a metal ring with an allen head grub/set screw.

I've used wood and just tapped it for a set screw - worked fine, but you don't want to over tighten it or you'll strip the hole or split the knob. Make your initial hole 1mm less than the intended thread - if you use 0.5mm as you would on metal the tap will just bore out the hole and leave it oversize.

The knobs on this one are flatsawn wenge, with a quartersawn wnege cap, a plastic skirt, 2mm MOP dot, and an M3 set screw.

64_top_closeup.jpg