Grounding

sexybeast

Every guitar I've had has been fitted with a tremolo, so the ground wire just passes through that big ol' cavity. but I'm building a guitar with a Leo Quan Badass wraparound bridge, so I'm not too sure how to ground to it, since it sits on top of the body. Do I go to one of the post anchors, maybe?

Every guitar I've had has been fitted with a tremolo, so the ground wire just passes through that big ol' cavity. but I'm building a guitar with a Leo Quan Badass wraparound bridge, so I'm not too sure how to ground to it, since it sits on top of the body. Do I go to one of the post anchors, maybe?

ya, cross drill a hole from the controll cavity (or possibly bridge pickup cavity) to the post insert hole. Run your ground wire in to the hole prior to pushing in the post insert and your good to go.

Just in case someone does a search for this later on:

It is possible to do it another way. I came up with this after calling myself an idiot about one hundred times after I discovered that I forgot to drill the hole to the post and insert the ground cable. You can drill a hole all the way to the post and screw a loooong screw like a drywall screw or something similar into the hole so that it makes contact with the post. If you have the right length you will now have only the head of the screw sticking out in the control cavity and you can call it a ground tab and pretend that you are really professional… or just admit to your mistake and share the solution.

Just in case someone does a search for this later on:

It is possible to do it another way. I came up with this after calling myself an idiot about one hundred times after I discovered that I forgot to drill the hole to the post and insert the ground cable. You can drill a hole all the way to the post and screw a loooong screw like a drywall screw or something similar into the hole so that it makes contact with the post. If you have the right length you will now have only the head of the screw sticking out in the control cavity and you can call it a ground tab and pretend that you are really professional… or just admit to your mistake and share the solution.

FWIW, I have a Gibson LP Deluxe in which they used a nail instead of the screw method you describe! :D

FWIW, I have a Gibson LP Deluxe in which they used a nail instead of the screw method you describe! :D

Then I will continue to call myself professional then :D