Frets Sold By The "roll"

does anyone know a distributor who sells their frets in a roll?

i buy frets off an old teacher about 12 ft at a time; im not sure how long it is because he cuts them first and bags them;

its pretty good, its worth buying them from him because it already has a radius started and i have had no problem banging them in with no extra bending;

he tells me he has to buy it 50lbs at a time, he must because his roll looks like a michelin tire;

and hes a dink that wont even tell me where he gets them from(obviosly likes my money at 12$ a set(24/$.50 each fret) so i dont even know if they sell smaller bundles;

the price isnt a major deal, i just want my own roll; and i gave away the straight ones i got from allparts and stewmac;

ive been spoiled and its a pointless headache of a step pre bending them

thanx in advance

:D

Dunlop sells wire in coils in the 50ish pounds.... They weigh the coils and mark the weight on the outside with a marker. I dunno if they sell wholesale only or not though. Sounds to me like your teacher who is ripping you off real bad, is using dunlop.

You could have built a bending machine for under $20.00, and then bent your StewMac wire to any radius you need, and then had BETTER fret-wire than Dunlop wire (StewMac wire is a little harder than Dunlop wire, according to tests I've heard about, from two different sources).

And I should stop saying this, because I have quite a lot of Dunlop wire I want to sell someday, and would hate to take a loss on it. But, oh well, I can't ALWAYS keep my mouth shut.

Dunlop is an industry standard- doesnt mean their the best, but they cant be that bad if fender and everyone else uses it.

Try and avoid stew like the plague. You can find ANYTHING cheaper ANYWHERE else. Check LMI, grizzly, allparts, guitar parts, guitar fetish... anywhere but stew! They are your last - most expensive resort...

You could have built a bending machine for under $20.00, and then bent your StewMac wire to any radius you need, and then had BETTER fret-wire than Dunlop wire (StewMac wire is a little harder than Dunlop wire, according to tests I've heard about, from two different sources).

And I should stop saying this, because I have quite a lot of Dunlop wire I want to sell someday, and would hate to take a loss on it. But, oh well, I can't ALWAYS keep my mouth shut.

How can on go about building a $20 bending machine? Is there a tutorial around maybe??

Thanks!!!! :D

How can on go about building a $20 bending machine? Is there a tutorial around maybe??

Thanks!!!! :D

A really simple way is this:

Tutorial

I'm sure i saw a post or tut on how to make one simular to the one's Stew Mac's sell but i can't find it at the moment.

Jem