Hardtail Or Tunomatic?

Been pondering over my next build, the Mojo mark 2, mahogany solid body s/c, thin maple figured cap.

What would be the merits of a stoptail bridge over a tunomatic with string-thru ferrules like my earlier mojo?

Are the stoptail bridges more suited to the neck of a bolt-on where neck angle is not an issue?

This will also be a bolt-on neck. I have a prs Custom 24 fixed neck with stoptail bridge and I have an older PRS EG IV with same bridge and a bolt-on neck. Both work well and sound very different, although this is heavily influenced also by the difference in the woods and the pickups used.

If I'm sticjking with a bolt-on neck, would I be better to use a stoptail and keep all the angles low, or go for another tunomatic and shim up or cut the neck pocket for strings further from the body?

Been pondering over my next build, the Mojo mark 2, mahogany solid body s/c, thin maple figured cap.

What would be the merits of a stoptail bridge over a tunomatic with string-thru ferrules like my earlier mojo?

Are the stoptail bridges more suited to the neck of a bolt-on where neck angle is not an issue?

This will also be a bolt-on neck. I have a prs Custom 24 fixed neck with stoptail bridge and I have an older PRS EG IV with same bridge and a bolt-on neck. Both work well and sound very different, although this is heavily influenced also by the difference in the woods and the pickups used.

If I'm sticjking with a bolt-on neck, would I be better to use a stoptail and keep all the angles low, or go for another tunomatic and shim up or cut the neck pocket for strings further from the body?

Doesn't really make a difference. You can work the neck angle into a bolt on.

I prefer tune-o-matic that's recessed with string through. I think they look better and you won't need a neck angle at all.

In saying, I'm planning on build an explorer with a wraparound... so I'll most probably need a neck angle; not sure since I haven't drawn in out yet.

I'll probably end up with some GFS hot wound black hex humbuckers like the first mojo build. I like the idea of a recessed tunomatic, as long as I can get to the intonation screws ok. The string-thru (IMHO) really suit the look of this guitar - thanks for the advice and info.