Randy Rhoads

jtmullet

Hey guys I have a guy wanting to conver a epiphone to a polka dot rr style does anyone have dimensions for the bowtie inlays or the size of the dots or the spacing.

i have a masking sheet that has been cut to suit the original layout, plus precut inlays (and full fretboards).

Email me if you like.

Very nice indeed but its not exactly like Randy's. Actually, Mr Sandoval doesn't make them exactly like the original either.

I have an adobe illustrator file that has the original Rhoads V, blown up to 1:1 scale and the paint mask pattern to go with it. I spent HOURS making it perfect. My end result is still not 100% exactly like randy's because I based mine on Sandoval's current builds. Also, I didn't place all of the hardware at the exact same spots as the original.

You can use the blown up V to make your template (have it printed at your local print shop)

You can use the paint mask pattern to make the paint template. I got a car decal shop to cut a template from the paint mask drawing on self stick, low tack vinyl.

PM me if you want the drawings. I can send them in PDF format.

:D

Edited by guitar2005

Very nice indeed but its not exactly like Randy's. Actually, Mr Sandoval doesn't make them exactly like the original either.

the guitar in the photo is a custom, like all my guitars, and modifications were done to suit the clients requests. So, that means some things may be different to Randy's.

:D Kinda reminds me of the Marshall McLuhan scene in Annie Hall - it just goes to show you never know when the guy you're talkin' to on the Internet might actually be licensed by the Randy Rhoads estate to produce copies, which could make you look kinda silly. :D

Perry, kudos for your remarkable restraint!

:D Kinda reminds me of the Marshall McLuhan scene in Annie Hall - it just goes to show you never know when the guy you're talkin' to on the Internet might actually be licensed by the Randy Rhoads estate to produce copies, which could make you look kinda silly. :D

Perry, kudos for your remarkable restraint!

All I said is that its not EXACTLY like Randy's. In saying that, its the closest the original I have ever seen. In no way did I ever mean to diminish the work. I think perry does absolutely amazing work and I'm always in awe when I see his completed guitars.

B)

And I apologize if I came off sounding like a jerk - I simply found the irony of instructing Perry about Randy's guitars too funny not to comment, considering his personal involvement and depth of research on that particular axe. No offense meant, I just found it very amusing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...