Viszikon

This is a design I am working on with John of Flon Klar Guitars. I borrowed the body design from the Vixen (Bernie Rico, Jr. Guitars) and the headstock from a Beast (BC Rich). I always wanted a V with a Beast headstock, but didn't want just a straight King V body.

Mahongany neckthru body

Mahogany neck

String-thru body design

Ebony fingerboard (no inlays)

Sperzel locking tuners

GraphTech graphite nut

EMG 81 or 85 pickup (haven't made up mind yet)

No knobs, just an on/off killswitch

TonePros locking bridge

Neutrik locking jack

attached are the outline and then a pic I made combining both guitars.

ViszikonBlack.jpg

ViszikonOutline2.jpg

Edited by The Skullsplitter

Hey thanks bro!! Yeah it is not as original, by any means, as John's designs but it makes me just sit and stare at it...so that must be a good thing huh? hahahaha

i feel the same way about mockingbirds...thats a sweet combo you got going on though

So is this just not that interesting? I am kind of surprised at the few responses. Let me know brothas!!

Its not that its not interesting, its just that it will be a lot more interesting once you start builidng it :D

Cool body shape

HAHAHA I was just talking about that guitar, man as I found out there is a TON of guitars like this, I think it would be cooler if you moded more than just the headstock mod the body make it more your guitar

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Yeah it is not overly original that is for sure. I love the V shape, it is the most comfortable design for me play both standing up and sitting down. When I saw the Bernie Rico Vixen design I loved it except for the headstock. And I love the Beast headstock. Kerry King of Slayer has V's with the Beast headstock and they are killer! But then I wanted something different from what KK has. So I guess you can chock it up to lack of imagination! hahahahaha

Oh and Ben I TOTALLY agree with you. It will be much more interesting when it starts getting made. I just heard from John at FK that the wood and truss rod arrived TODAY! (gets chills)

Well about originality John and I came up with this design called the Firebird. He is making a bass like this, but I made it more pointy and guitarish. Whattaya think?

Firebird-G.jpg

I'll echo what I said last time about Klon Flar's designs - they need to make concessions to practicality, otherwise they're just sculpture not instruments. In this case, I'd say those horns need to be spread a little, or they'll interfere with getting your hand up to the higher frets.

Cosmetically, cool idea, but I'm not sold on the upper horn or the headstock.

i'd like to build one of those demon V's ( yes that's the name, Bernie Junior didn't design it) I like that shape a lot, cool guitar

Demon V? Who makes that? Is that Neal Moser?

I really like that V design. Even if it's not original, I'm not sure how I'd improve on it...

Hey thanks Frank. I love wicked designs and some of the most wicked ones are somewhat simple! :D

i'd like to build one of those demon V's ( yes that's the name, Bernie Junior didn't design it) I like that shape a lot, cool guitar

Demon V? Who makes that? Is that Neal Moser?

I really like that V design. Even if it's not original, I'm not sure how I'd improve on it...

Hey thanks Frank. I love wicked designs and some of the most wicked ones are somewhat simple! :D

It was designed by one of the guys at the neal moser forum...someone stole that shape from him although he doesn't give a rat's behind about it as far as i know...I don't know if Neal would build it though