Which neck to use???Maple or Mahogany

goat

Well I carved my maple neck-through today.It has a little bit of mahogany along the back of the body section and holding it in my finger tips in various places,tapping it for sound,it sounds rock solid,kind of like a Louisville slugger.I do the same with the mahogany neck-through,and it sings like a chime.Almost a distinct note.Both will have mahogany wings and painted a solid color.

I know the Maple neck one should be brighter,but I believe the mahogany wings will change the sound a little,but because of the small body,by the sounds of the story I just told...

...Do you think it will be too trebly or dead sounding?

Which would you use and why?.....just curious.

I just want to here other peoples ideas/opinions.

Thanks in advance :D

There are far to many different things that can change the sound of a solid body electric guitar these days it really depends on a lot of factors. Single coils vs. Humbuckers and of course are you into effects or a hard core DI player. Different cabs for sound, seriously I think it would be hard to tell till you plug n play since these are not like an acoustic even though unpluged you will still hear a suttle difference between the two possibly.

Yeah I agree with Brian. There are so many factors in sound of a guitar that what you are talking about is very subtle differences. Even changing a capacitor or resistor to another value will make a difference to the tone. Then you got to think about pickups, and pickup placement. Then what amp your running it through. I've taken bad guitars and run them through really good amps and they even turn out sounding good.. But yeah Maple necks give a brighter tone than Mahogany in my opinion... but then again that's even opinionated.. lol