2 questions

First, i have the stew mac arbor with 4 cauls, 10" thru 16" but the first one i used, the 10" radius caul is stuck in there, the screw holding it in place is completely taken out and it still won't come out of the arbor :D i don't really want to risk damaging it by using a pair of viese grips to rip it out of there, and i can't find anything small and hard enough to wedge into the side under the bottom of the caul.. it wasn't this tight fitting when i put it in there so i'm guessing using it on a neck did something to it. I don't have any WD40 should i get some more and try and use the little hose to get some in the slot? i probably should have put some all purpose grease on it before i put it in :D

eeek B) lol if it helps i have a black arbor so i think it's iron??? not the shinny steel one they have pictured on their site (grrrr stew mac)

Ok, i'm using a Strat style hardtail bridge on my guitars, and i have to sink the bridge 1/16" for everything to line up correctly with the neck, but can i just cut down the set or 2 allen screws in each saddle by a 1/16th ? so i don't have to move the bridge, the saddles will just be a bit lower, right now they are pointing upward like on a trem, but trems are angled so that the saddles are parallel with the guitar, so i'm kinda doing the same thing, taking 1/16 of the both height adjustment screws will lower each saddle down to being parrallel with the top of the guitar, i don't see a problem just thought i'd see what you guys think, it's about the same amount of work for me as making a template for the bridge and routing in the correct position. I'll probably end up doing both and comparing them to see which one feels better to me

i have a tap & die set so i'm not to worried about the threads but i was probably going to do them on the saddles anyways to make them easier to hold thanks :D