Wiring Help

JTech

Hi people at project guitar. I recently received a guitar from my brother in law because he is moving far far away :D and this guitar is in pretty good shape its not a top of the line guitar but it looks nice. Well i wanted

to get new stuff like the 2 pots(vol & tone), 5 way switch,and a capacitor. Now I found a similar diagram for this setup here

guitarelectronics.com

Everything is the same except for the bridge pickup my pickup has only 3 leads-red,white,and bare.

My question is how do i wire everything together. can some one modify this diagram to fit my needs thanks in advance. rock on :D

On the guitar electronics diagram the bridge HB has coil tap leads (4 conductor type plus the ground). Your HB does not so you can't coil tap it.

You are missing the North-finish & south-finish wires so can't connect to the selector switch.

You need to rethink things and get a diagram that doesn't involve coil tap.

Hey, JTech.

I had the same question about my Ibanex Ex-140 a couple months ago. See this post : http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...c=25069&hl=

I used that same diagram. The simple answer is solder the bare wire to ground(back of volume pot), solder the red wire to your 5-way switch in the postition the North Start wire is in the diagram, and tape off the white wire so it doesn't short out anything.

I also tried connecting the white wire and taping off the red, but there was no difference in sound.

Almost forgot : since you're not coil-tapping, don't run the wire from the switch to ground like in the diagram.

Hope this helps.

Edited by elfstone357

Woo hoo!! :D Thank you soo much elfstone. I finally got the help I needed. Thank you too al heeley. Well I'm off to soldering.I'll be posting pics of the guitar and tell me what you guuys think of it. The brand of this guitar is "Rocker" has anyone heard of this name before?....well thanks again guys. later :D

Yes i finally got it working.She plays real good.The sound is kind of harsh. I like it :D . And elfstone that

guitar that you linked the pic of is exactly the same as this one real crazy TWINS. I changed the knobs. They felt real cheap. I bought 2 chrome barrel knobs from allparts. real nice. The only problem I'm Having now is that the frets are buzzing. should i adjust the truss rod?

The only problem I'm Having now is that the frets are buzzing. should i adjust the truss rod?

Try checking both bridge height and truss rod... play with both till the buzz is gone, then do the intonation since both bridge height and truss adjustments could change the string's length. Try making small changes to the truss... 1/8th of a turn each time at most, let the neck settle down to its new tention for some time, and then check again for buzz.

Hope I helped =)