Material Finish

buredf

slightly different approach but I covered a strat copy in an old pair of jeans once, complete with back pocket pick holder :D ...on the plus side it looked unusual & felt quite comfy - the downside, it attracted odours quite badly & it wasn't like you could throw it in the washing machine after a gig in a smokey bar.

Nuno Bettencourt also had a leather covered N4 once which I thought looked the mutts dangley bits....but then again I had a strat copy covered in denim so what do I know!

i've done a couple of the fabric guitars and while they're a bit of work they are fun. this guitar

http://www.villagephotos.com/members/image...sp?id_=10402633

was done with a cotton fabric that i purchased at walmart that was approximately the same thickness of a t-shirt. the only thing that i would suggest is that you use a dark colored shirt. i think that a white shirt would become transparent when glued and show the wood and dried glue through it.

be sure to get yourself something like a squeegie used to apply bondo to a car. the glue will seep through the fabric while you're applying it and the sqeegie will help smooth out the wrinkles and scrape off the exess glue. then wipe any remaining glue off with a damp cloth....have plenty of damp cloths available.

anyway, it's a bit messy but fun and the end result is a unique guitar.

good luck.

• 3 weeks later...