Carve Top Suppliers

gazaa

im looking into building my third guitar, hopefully a double cut lp style carve top. im interested in using something other than maple for the top, preferably something exotic. unfortunately, i cant seem to find anything with the proper dimensions. does anyone know of any suppliers that offer exotic woods at carve top dimensions?

I really cant help with any suppliers you hadnt already discussed- except Larry Davis at Gallery hard woods- He's a good guy, and has some interesting things...... but nothing beats a good bandsaw with a nice wide blade capable of resawing whatever wood strikes your fancy at home.

Naturally you need room for it and the cash, but Grizzly has some very good saws capable of resawing for not too much. I was really impressed with how well it resawed.

I've made wenge and cocobolo carved tops I resawed myself, and you cant be the price doing it that way. Although I did just order a quilt maple top off ebay because the price of a billet is so high.....

Edited by postal