Pickup Wiring

choogiem

Asuming you used the pot that came with the pickup and assuming you followed the diagram exactly it will work. Either you've used the wrong pot (ie still using the one that was in the guitar already) or you've wired it wrong. Double and triple check your wiring or take a good picture like thegarehanman said and we'll try and point out what you've missed.

...The volume knob does not work and but it sounds good I just do not have any volume to control. ...

i'm a little confused on exactly what this means. :D

IF this means you have sound, but can't turn down the volume, i can think of a possible explanation.

the heavy black lines in those drawings are your ground connections. it isn't perfectly clear, but where they connect to the case of the volume pot, that lug of the pot is also bent back so it touches the case. it also shares the same connection.

if you don't have that connected, you won't reduce the volume (well maybe just a tiny bit) when you turn the control down.

but IF you mean you only have a tiny bit of sound, that's a whole different problem.

could you tell us which one you meant? :D

thanks,

unk