Neck Angle?

Must all guitar necks be angled? I took my neck off yesterday and placed a thin piece of cardboard to see if it improved the playability at all. I didn't give it much of a pitch at all and couldn't really make out any huge difference. But my guess is that neck pitch aids more in the playability of a guitar rather than sustain or anything else huh? I got this beef with my guitar with how brief its sustain is and I've been trying to handle it for the longest time!

Ken

Neck angle has NOTHING to do with playability... NOTHING.

A neck angle just angles the neck to suit the thickness (height) of the bridge, as all bridges are designed differently, so therefore some guitars have neck angles to suit those certain bridges.

Adding cardboard to the neck pocket just hurt its sustain.

not to mention you just severely f-ed up your action.

you should not attempt to work on your guitar until you read up a bit i am afraid.it is a complex piece of equipment and dicking around with it before you read enoughto develop a clue could just render you without a guitar to play at all.

get a sustainer pedal or hotter pickups and leave your neck alone

not to mention you just severely f-ed up your action.

you should not attempt to work on your guitar until you read up a bit i am afraid.it is a complex piece of equipment and dicking around with it before you read enoughto develop a clue could just render you without a guitar to play at all.

get a sustainer pedal or hotter pickups and leave your neck alone

or just try adjusting the pickups properly, as they should come from the factory but dont...

He's still trying to make his Quicksilver work, I gather...none of the suggestions in your other thread helped?

Maybe 'quicksilver' refers to the speed in which the notes die out?

But I'm starting to lean toward your original idea of shipping the guitar off to a luthier...since you seem unwilling to dump the guitar and have done with it.