Wtb: Cheap P90 Copies

ToneMonkey

Alrighty geezers.

I'm thinking of installing some P90's on my new SG copy, but I haven't got any :D

Does anyone have some cheap P90 copies for sale (and I do mean cheap), what with Christmas and weddings I'm running out of money for beer, let alone guitar bits B)

These are about as cheep as it gets :D can't tell you if they'll be any good though!

And if not-- you realize that the pickup cavities will be a different shape, right?

If the guitar won't take P90's "out of the box" then your next best bet will be the GFS "P90 in a humbucker shape" pickups.

Cheers guys, that's all very helpful. Mickguard, I think you have a deal.

Well, I've got the SG to play about with. It's a plywood £50 guitar which I swapped for a fretboard and some fretwire. I bought it off billiousfrog a couple of weeks ago with no hardware.

I only got it to play about with and refinish, but as I've only got gold hardware I've been having trouble working out what to do with it. At the moment I'm thinking of taking the top off and replacing with a spalted maple cap. But then I was thinking that it wouldn't be much more to make a new body. Oh decisions :D

Mickguard, can we sort it after Christmas? Christmas post is a bitch, so we may as well wait until after. Also, do you know if I can change the covers on them?

none :D

I bought it without any hardware. In the photos of it's previous life, they look just like bog standard covered HB's.

Got no problems filling the casvities and starting over, especially if I'm putting a cap on :D

none B)

I bought it without any hardware. In the photos of it's previous life, they look just like bog standard covered HB's.

Got no problems filling the casvities and starting over, especially if I'm putting a cap on B)

EDIT - Double post within a single post, very strange :D

Edited by ToneMonkey

Nice one dude. Money isn't a problem at the minute, well that amount of money isn't a problem. Just the christmas rush.

I'm going to be away from my house over Christmas too, so wont be in for delivery. I think that sometime during January would be spot on, that way I can get the neck and neck pocket absolutely A1 and then start worrying about the rest of it. Hell, it may even take that long to sand off the finish :D

Cheers dude :D

Well in that case, I owe you a couple of beers. Next time I'm in France or next time you're in the UK we'll have to meet up. But either way, it's my round.

Unfortuntely my PM's have died :D I've been in touch with Brian and he can't work out what's wrong. I do know that this is a new computer and it's still not working, so I can only presume that the problem is at the other end.

Drop me an email to kajadams_at---hotmaildot...com (obviously without the bot camoflage B) )

Your a good man :D