8 String Baritone For Me

somn

2.375" is a bit over 60mm. That's going to be one wide neck! I chose 56mm for mine and it seems comfortable enough.

As for a slotted and radiused board, you'd be better off going for a 5-string bass board from LMII as they slot to 27.5" (plus a variety of others) and radius to 12" or 16". I've gone for 30" as I think intonation will be MUCH better over this scale....

well yes your right. I will be using the 30 scale as planed because, well my ltd 7 string baritone barely handles the f string and its a 85 string, sustain and attack suck monkey so I thought the 30 scale would help for tension. I also thought about a 28 scale like the ibanez mike mushock baritone, but I figured the low f is not the only string I drop that low. my last try with an 8 had a 27 1/2 scale from lmii but for g tuning using a 75 string, Any lower in that scale I had problems with slack and the like.

anyway if the nut is a set 15 radius will a 12 or 16 radius work without problems? thats what I cant figure out

thanks 4 the help again

peace

Edited by somn