8 String Baritone For Me

somn

im new to this forum thing so ya well heres what im going to do im gonna make my self a new 8 string baritone (rip old one)

here is what my supply is -

8 string guitar (27.5 scale)

pups- 2 custom seymour Duncan LW-HMET livewire active 8 string guitar pick ups with custom extended range voicing and magnets size (sweetness)

woods- maple neck through, maple wings and ebony finger board

other things - custom length truss rod and two carbon fiber reinforcement rods from lmii.com, , ping tuners, stainless steel frets, flush jack, paint gloss black with polyurethane clear

Bridge - kahler 8 string tremolo

for now ill make this one for now as i put in the final orders for my 9 thats going to be a 30 scale

So wish a stranger some luck I have already have started and have pics I just don’t know how to post them

Peace out

Edited by somn

good luck on that...i couldn't even get them to make me a 2300 pro when they didn't feel like it.

i got this response

" we have none in stock right now and we only produce them when we get a backlog of orders...then we make them all at one time"or something nearly identical to that

of course now they are mass producing the 7300 for six strings...so those are easily available

good luck on that...i couldn't even get them to make me a 2300 pro when they didn't feel like it.

i got this response

" we have none in stock right now and we only produce them when we get a backlog of orders...then we make them all at one time"or something nearly identical to that

of course now they are mass producing the 7300 for six strings...so those are easily available

Same goes for all of them... floyd, emg, etc.... they are all basically very small companies.

now that is something i did not know...that is cool as hell,mr. futuremesshuggah

ha ha lmao i like messhuggah but there not the reason for the guitar i just always wanted a 8 and 9 string baritone guitar for the longest time :D

Edited by somn

How much would 8 string trems cost?

The flat mount version is $399 USD but heres the reply i got on the locking nut

"We will have an actually locking nut for this piece in the Summer. For now, they are building the guitars with locking tuners"

MAn congratulations!

I want to see those pics, you can post them here:

www.photobucket.com , then make an acount and upload the pics, then use the link option or the third option of the photo to put it here.

thanks for the info

on a nother note ill most likely keep the bridge in safe keeping untill the summer and use the abm single string bridges for now i love those and how the get rid of some string to tring vibrations i realy would want the locking nut instead of locking tuners dont you think that would be a good idea

Edited by somn

i prefer the locking nut...the strings pop off rollers in deep dives.

i bet you could take a floyd nut to a machine shop and have them make one for an 8 string...or do it yourself..if you have access to the machinery

there used to be a place on the net...an online machine shop,where you could draw a plan and they would make it...anyone know what i am talking about?

• 4 weeks later...

man this sucks i wont be getting the nut for my kahler till the summer and i dont like sitting around doing nothing so im going to start on my 9 string baritone using the abm single bridges so this build will be cold till then wish me luck

peace

• 1 month later...

got my kahler problem worked out wammeusa is sending me a new one the last one broke something about some string part breaking on some of there orders well i really want to work on it but should i wait till they have the locking nut is out in the summer ? i got some shedua for me and my girl's guitar to many ideas my heads ready to explode :D well heres my problem i want to make a 9 string baritone but i also want to go kahler :D crasy with an 8 string ??? what should i work on guy? 8 or 9

oh yeah ill post up a pic of the kahler as soon as it arives they said it be a 3 busness days 2 days a gone soon very soon lol

Edited by somn

• 4 weeks later...

well i have gotten alot of help from you all like Prostheta and rhoads56 thanks for the help this build has been slow but i finaly orderd the lock nut for the kahler 8, glad i wont have to wait till the summer.

ive had a few changes to my 8 and my g/f 8 i going to make em out of shedua neck threw and the bodys the lock nut cost 66 bucks and is 2.375 or 2 and 3/8 wide with a 15 radius my problem is wer do i get a sloted 15 radius finger board