Any One Have One Of These?

peterhanson

I don't have one of those particular units, but they just digitally resample and play back at a slower buffer. Nothing you can't do in your computer already with some free or inexpensive software!

You can do this slowing down with any kind of digital recording software. Audacity is free and records to wave file. Cut out the bit, or the whole song, to a track and then change the tempo (ie speed) to whatever you want. The pitch will remain the same. You could also use it to change the pitch so as to bring a down tuned guitar in Eb up to E or visa versa as well.

Otherwise, there are a few programs that will specifically automate this function...this one has had some good reviews and does what you want and is free...Best Practice

Slowing things down is a great idea (I come from the era of slowing things down with tape and turntables) and this technology is ideal for this kind of thing. Some of the interesting things you discover is phrasing and inflections in a players style that would otherwise go past too quick.

Hope that helps... pete

i also believe there is a plugin for winamp that you can use to adjust the speed of tracks (it also has pitch control so that you can correct the pitch after altering the speed)

edit: here it is: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=135991