Dimarzio Pup Combination

jetmech

dunno how good a YJM would be in the neck. But i suppose it depends on the sound you're after.

Thing you have to remember with pickup selection is there is no 'right and wrong'. It will always work... just may not give the sound you're after!

Give us an idea of the sound you're after and people might be able to advise more. But to be honest, the dimarzio website gives about the best advice anywhere!

S

I'm just after a better sound than what comes with the stock pups. More crunch, more sustain, cleaner cleans.

I see your point for asking what you did, however. You make a very valid point. I want to make my own tone, but am definately influenced by Satch, YJM, EVH, Gilmore....and the list goes on.

I guess I was seeking more of a technical discussion, like.....would they work together electrically?

Thanks for your reply

As long as you wire them correctly there's no problem there. As long as you don't want any funky wiring, the wiring section on the dimarzio website should give you all the info you need.

Only thing is your middle and bridge p'ups are hum-cancelling. and forgive me if i'm incorrect (i've never had or looked at one) the YJM ain't! maybe a humcancelling one would be worth it for a nice rounded package?

Oh, if you like satch, check out the Mo'Joe. Its a personalised fred for satchie-boy :D

S

Blade SC-sized humbuckers and stacked pickups sound really weird when they're combined together, IMHO. Put an HS-2 in the middle and I think you'll get the sound you're looking for. Also, I'd consider using the PAF Pro in the bridge because it'll balance better with the other pickups and it'll sound great to boot.