Anyone Have Prs Drawings?

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I downloaded them before. They're nice, but I'm looking for dimensions, specs, etc. The drawings will come in handy for carving. I figure when I'm ready I may just puchase a set of templates from the guitar templates site, which certainly make cutting out and routing easier.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to get autocad first!

There is a free version of TurboCAD 6.5 availible. Not from TurboCADs web page, but you can Google it and you will find the file. Don't get the newer "free" version. It will only work for 14 days. And TurboCAD opens dwg files. TurboCAD has two pretty cheep versions availible. I got myself TurboCAD Deluxe 12 for like 135$ but there is a even simpler version (no 3D) for 65$. And I'm sure they can be found even cheeper.

Yeah, and then there will be no version of solidwork or any other SW that runs on Vista or the next OS. Cmon 65$!!!

Let's not get fiesty! We have a new member and should welcome him like everyone else. I recall seeing a number of times that many of our members have limited funds and that's what brought them here in the first place. In fact, we've got high schoolers, college students, etc.

PoonTangRat (maybe you should think about another name? just a suggestion) If you make a donation it will enable you to access the download area that has a number of CAD files for your use. The instructions on donating are on the first page and on the home page. I believe there is no minimum.

Swedish luthier's recommendations for free cad readers is great to know and will help you use the drawings. I've had a bit of a problem with a couple of the freebies (and my memory), hence my start of this thread. However, I have other guitar plans in pdf, if you'd like. See the top of the thread. (Just email me thru the forum) Enjoy the forum, there is an incredible amount of knowledge and experience here. It's essentially a luthier school online. There're all great people here and you'll notice a lot of regulars. I'm still finding my way around... And you will get a few good natured jabs. Just my $.02, no $.25!!

:D