Neck Shaping by Hand

Yo,

I am getting ready to shape my neck and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get or make neck profile templates to get the correct shape for the neck. Also any other advice or tips on shaping the neck would be great. I did read Make your own electric guitar and the tutorial on project guitar but was looking for specific ways to get the right radius or profile across the entire neck.

Also is it possible or worth it to make radius sanding blocks, like you use on the fret board, to get a correct shape for the neck?.

Thanks.

i'd say it's worth making a radius block for the FB.... for profile templates, check out the images at warmoth guitar, decrease the size by 53% in a paint program and print them out, that's what i did to get the wizard profile, check the measurements on the printout, then trace the picture onto some plexi glass, ruff cut it then sand to the line... or you could use a profile gauge i think they're called.... but i don't have to much experience in this department right now