Binding/purfling

ok im in the stages of planing a build every thing is pretty much planed right now but i have a few question as for purfling/binding. i want to use a Mop purfling with 1/4 outsid binding i want to carry this through out the whole guitar but would i need to make a wider neck to fit this in or do i rout the fret board?

randy rhoads body with a 24 3/4 scale

body:

1 1/5"walnut back

1\2maple top

carved top (ik this is gonna be weird on a rr):D

inset nobs

neck:

walnut

ok im in the stages of planing a build every thing is pretty much planed right now but i have a few question as for purfling/binding. i want to use a Mop purfling with 1/4 outsid binding i want to carry this through out the whole guitar but would i need to make a wider neck to fit this in or do i rout the fret board?

randy rhoads body with a 24 3/4 scale

body:

1 1/5"walnut back

1\2maple top

carved top (ik this is gonna be weird on a rr):D

inset nobs

neck:

walnut

1/4" thick binding is massive. Most binding is less than 1/8" thick! As for the purfling, if I were applying it to the fretboard, I'd taper the board to correct measurements (don't make it wider for the purfling, that'll affect how it feels in your hand, and even 1/8" makes a considerable difference to nut width) , then rout a ledge the width of the purfling into the board, glue the purfling and then bind around that. It's entirely possible though. I'd expect that much MOP would cost a pretty penny.