How To Tint Polyurethane

kench

The latest issue of Fine Woodworking I received yesterday has an article on dyes. The article says that concentrated dyes such as TransTint, Wizard Tint (J. E. Moser) and Sherwin Williams are suitable for "tinting all clear finishes". In fact, it says that is the best use of these dyes.

I have used both TransTint and Colortone (from Stew Mac) concentrated dyes to tint nitrocellulose lacquer and they work great. I have no personal experience with using them to tint poly. The article says they can.

Hope this helps i.e. I don't know if you can get these dyes in or shipped to Istanbul or not. I know Stew Mac won't ship Colortone outside the US.

The latest issue of Fine Woodworking I received yesterday has an article on dyes. The article says that concentrated dyes such as TransTint, Wizard Tint (J. E. Moser) and Sherwin Williams are suitable for "tinting all clear finishes". In fact, it says that is the best use of these dyes.

I have used both TransTint and Colortone (from Stew Mac) concentrated dyes to tint nitrocellulose lacquer and they work great. I have no personal experience with using them to tint poly. The article says they can.

Hope this helps i.e. I don't know if you can get these dyes in or shipped to Istanbul or not. I know Stew Mac won't ship Colortone outside the US.

Oh thank you. I'll try to find similar products over here. There are some CLOU brand concentrated liquid stains here with a huge variety of colors. I believe they are similar to Colortone stains. If Colortone works, Clou should work too. I'll try.