Plastic Binding

I was cornfused as well until pointed out that it was a double......

Cant properly answer the question until we know WHAT kind of plastic binding.

Stew only sells ABS plastic binding, and weld on works fine on that.

Nitro binding such as ivoroid or tortoise shell, the common method is to make your own glue by melting small pieces of excess nitro binding in acetone. One enough nitro has dissolved, it will turn into a gel- which you use as glue.

There is a 3rd type of binding plastic that I guess is not common anymore.... I dont remember the type of plastic, but duco cement is the preffered glue for that type of plastic. Maybe tomorrow I can find out what kind of plastic that is.....

You must match the glue to the type of plastic.

You should look at stew mac as they have a decent tutorial on how to do binding. Be aware there will be some minor differences if you use a different plastic and glue though, but its a good general info resource.

Nitro binding such as ivoroid or tortoise shell, the common method is to make your own glue by melting small pieces of excess nitro binding in acetone. One enough nitro has dissolved, it will turn into a gel- which you use as glue.

I have never heard this before. I've dissolved small bits of celluloid nitrate binding in acetone to use as a filler around a binding joint, and I have used acetone to laminate celluloid nitrate binding strips, but never used the dissolved binding "gel" as a glue. I am really doubtul if binding gel has the ability to glue binding to wood. But, who knows? In any case, it would take one heck of a lot of extra binding to make enough gel to glue in a typical run of binding. Maybe I misunderstood your post.