Tom Anchors

I need to put new TOM anchors in my guitar, but the holes are just a little too large from removing the old ones.

Do I HAVE to fill and re-drill the holes, or is there an alternative? I was thinking of wetting the holes and letting the wood swell a bit, then gluing them in with Gorilla Glue. I'm not sure about this, though, so I'm asking you guys for advice. The holes are just a tad too big, not gaping.

I need to put new TOM anchors in my guitar, but the holes are just a little too large from removing the old ones.

Do I HAVE to fill and re-drill the holes, or is there an alternative? I was thinking of wetting the holes and letting the wood swell a bit, then gluing them in with Gorilla Glue. I'm not sure about this, though, so I'm asking you guys for advice. The holes are just a tad too big, not gaping.

Epoxy OR plug and re-drill.

+1 plug & re-drill.

Wetting the wood might make the wood swell a bit but then it will dry out again & you'll be back to a hole that's too big. Wetting wood is usually just to repair dents, where the wood fibres have been squashed together & the water makes them swell back to their normal state....if the wood has been removed then you're not going to do much except maybe make the finish crack. The wood will swell up & across but not so much along the grain.