Members only discount: White Powdercoating

DaveK

I got my hands on a big batch of white powdercoat material

I wanted to see if there was any intrest from the group for a MEMBERS ONLY (Forum members that is) special

If I can get 10 people interested, I will do floyd rose, low pro or edge bridges for $90 each

Obviously, you need to send me the bridges (I only do the service of Powdercoating)

The coating thickness is less than 1 mil & looks AWESOME

Please let me know if you are interested...I will need to know who is interested by 10-31-03

I can do other parts, but the $90 is for bridges only

Thanks

Dave

If I understand your question correctly...

The exsisting finish is "etched" with Iron Phosphate

Then it is cleaned & the item is electrically charges to draw the powder to it like a magnet

Afterward the powder is "baked" on at 450 degrees & produces a mirror like finish

Does that answer your question?

Dave

ohh! I wouldn't mind a pic!

stealthisename@postmaster.co.uk

thanks, Rob

P.S slightly out of context but do you have those PRS style measurments?

Guest AlexVDL

dktrem.jpg

Hey Bro, is this the quality you provide? I'm very sorry man, but IMO it seems to look like it has been sprayed blue without even being disassembled B)

There are spots that are still black etc... does this happen to all the colors?????? :D

I like the idea of the powder coating thing, but again I'm sorry to say it, this pic doesn't look good at all :D

Bad Photography!

I apreciate the feedback, but the black spots are some goofy shadow effect!

Each piece is taken apart, masked where they need to be, and look great

I will be posting new pix in the next couple of weeks that give a good representation of what it actually looks like

Thanks for the feedback & I will replace the edge trem picture with a stop tailpiece

dkbridge.jpg

Let me know what you think

Dave

i think we're going to end up scratching the green/blue idea, i couldn't get the right green so i'm just going with an amber on the natural wood and blue, and half blue half chrome would look bad so back to just a white set of hardware