I Want To Make A Gibson Explorer

Hi ive been really reading into guitar making and tosing up between buying a pre-made explorer body from warmoth and making one myself

But i think it would be really fun and a good experience to make 1

i want to put a jackson styled neck on it with the sharktooth inlays but i dont want to screw the neck up

and i dont know what wood to use, and its all really expensive :D

and i would really appreciate all help :D

Thanks

nic

WE DONT NEED THE KEY, WE'LL BREAK IN!!!!!!!

yeah they are pre inlayed and pre slotted the only difficult thing is finding 1 in the scalelenght u want and radius good thing is its only 30$ and u can get neck blanks for around that 2 (depending on wood) but for the inlays alone may cost 50$ and the fret board mabey another 30 depneding on typ of wood

Edited by Davis guitars

Those people who are selling those fretboards are very sneaky

they say "check my store for inlays to fit this fingerboard"

and the inlays cost $20

but what i thought was a good idea is:

if you buy a jackson neck

then u can build the body and make the neck joint to the right specs. of the neck

Those people who are selling those fretboards are very sneaky

they say "check my store for inlays to fit this fingerboard"

and the inlays cost $20

but what i thought was a good idea is:

if you buy a jackson neck

then u can build the body and make the neck joint to the right specs. of the neck

you may be able to find 1 problem is it may not have the inlay u want and may cost $300 or more ud have to check

I would try and find an explorer template on the net and just print it out. If you want a Jackson neck, keep an eye on Ebay. I bought one for under $100, but took several weeks, and did not have the locking nut or tuners. Or if you only want a Jackson STYLE, you wan order one pre-maid from Warmoth to the specs you want with the inlays you want. Before you cut the neck pocket though, I would make sure you have the neck your are going to use so you can use it for your layout. The best method I found is the one listed on this site, using two rails along the neck and clamped to the body. Good Luck.