Jump to content

Is This Possible?


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for a long time and finally signed up!

My question is about my les paul.

At the moment i have two humbuckers in there, dimarzio PAF pros and i'd quite like to add a coil tap to both. I know this can be done with a push pull pot but my question is: Would it be possible to remove both tone pots and replace them with switches, presumably some kind of 2 way switch to simply coil tap each humbucker, without doing any drilling?

I suppose what i'm asking is, does a 2 way switch exist that will fit in the hole left by my les paul tone pots?

Thanks alot


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya can find switches around. If you're looking online, best to look at places like RS etc that have the dimensions of the switches on them. I think (don't take my word for it!!) that the MEC switches are roughly the same diameter as a CTS pot. Not 100% sure as i use Alpha Mini pots, but there's a start. You're probably best using push/pull pots though, cous you retain your tone pots and the 'stock' appearance that would helpif you ever wanted to sell the axe :D


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drop in push/pull pots in place of the tone pots and retain the standard look and tone control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...