Is This Possible?

Rodger

Hi everyone,

Been lurking here for a long time and finally signed up!

My question is about my les paul.

At the moment i have two humbuckers in there, dimarzio PAF pros and i'd quite like to add a coil tap to both. I know this can be done with a push pull pot but my question is: Would it be possible to remove both tone pots and replace them with switches, presumably some kind of 2 way switch to simply coil tap each humbucker, without doing any drilling?

I suppose what i'm asking is, does a 2 way switch exist that will fit in the hole left by my les paul tone pots?

Thanks alot

Rodger.

Ya can find switches around. If you're looking online, best to look at places like RS etc that have the dimensions of the switches on them. I think (don't take my word for it!!) that the MEC switches are roughly the same diameter as a CTS pot. Not 100% sure as i use Alpha Mini pots, but there's a start. You're probably best using push/pull pots though, cous you retain your tone pots and the 'stock' appearance that would helpif you ever wanted to sell the axe :D

S

Drop in push/pull pots in place of the tone pots and retain the standard look and tone control.