Routing Confustion

Hi guys, I'm working on my first guitar and I have my design pretty set, what I'm confused about is I've read all over every article I can about how to build a custom body, but nowhere does it say where to rout the holes for the pickups or electronics on the back, nor how deep they should be. Also does it matter how far back the bridge is placed? Thanks guys.

Hi guys, I'm working on my first guitar and I have my design pretty set, what I'm confused about is I've read all over every article I can about how to build a custom body, but nowhere does it say where to rout the holes for the pickups or electronics on the back, nor how deep they should be. Also does it matter how far back the bridge is placed? Thanks guys.
May I suggest that you buy and read Melvin Hiscocks book," Make you own electric guitar". I think you will find all of your answers there. If not, you will know where to look, as well as specific questions to ask. I'm not trying to be an A$$, just trying to help you with questions you have that are so loaded, that each instance requires a different answer.

Sincerely,

Mike

Hey Glazetar, welcome! take a look around and read, read and read somemore, lots of good info here. This is a terriific forum with members always willing to jump in and help.

Mike, you're too fast, I was gonna say the same. Glazetar, hit the books before buying any parts or cut the first piece of wood. Melvyn's book takes you through 3 unique builds of popular style guitars, including critical specs you'll need, and he's a member here too! Good luck, -Vinny