Guitar Of The Month For May

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till sometime around the 23rd of April then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

If Possible Give Your Guitar a Name or Nick Name as well :D

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you, or ask forum members how to post pictures, they are very helpful.

Oh yeah! First Entry of the Month! And for my birthday month too! (too bad the bass isn't for me, ie: my present hahaha. I built this for a long-time friend)

Specs:

Wenge/Bubinga/Limba neckthru 35" scale 5-string bass.

Ebony fretboard with MOP "stages of the eclipse" inlay scene.

Wenge headplate veneer with color matching bubinga truss rod cover.

Bubinga with Flamed maple body wings.

Authentic Warwick bridge and adjust-a-nut II

Gotoh Tuners

MEC Active Gold J-Style pickups with Seymour Duncan STC-3a 3-band active EQ/Pre-amp.

Hand rubbed satin pure tung-oil finish (feels great).

anglefront.jpg

backangle.jpg

inlays.jpg

Straight Up Front View

Straight Up Back View

Bass ships out tomorrow, I will try and get some sound clips by then. However, in case I don't, here's my thoughts.

It was designed to sound like a Warwick (hence the wenge/bubinga/warwick parts/pickups, etc.) and I think it hit the mark pretty close. It's a very boomy sound with should work great for the metal style playing the friend wants it for. I was actually really surprised at how well the slap sound is though (which is ALL I do on bass). Keep the mid and treble center, and roll up the bass and slap away... James Brown would marry this bass's slap sound! It's got HUGE funk ability (kinda sad to see it used for metal now :D lol).

This is my first bass... and since it's leaving home, I imagine I'll build myself one similar (maybe some different woods here and there) eventually.

Chris

PS: And for a little humour... here's some of the stress I went through on this bass... he originally wanted it blue despite my reservations... but I did it... and here's the stages the blue went through... just to come back to natural again in the end!

Blue

BlueJean Burst

EDIT: Here's the happy owner rocking out with his new bass with his band "Brink of Something Beautiful" down in Miami FL.

DanaBOSB2.jpg

Another Pic

And One More Pic

Edited by verhoevenc

The spec on this one.

Body is Swamp Ash with a Sappy Redwood top and a Quilt Maple back both with a black accent line.

Neck 7 piece Bibinga/Flamed Sycamore with a Redwood headplate and a Quilt Maple back plate and Quilt maple/Ebony heel all with accent veneers.

Fingerboard acrylic impregnated Birdseye Maple from Larry at Gallery Hardwoods

Hardware all in black.

Hipshot Type A bridge.

Hipshot Ultralites.

2 ACG Fatbas custom wound humbuckers with coil switching on mini-switches series/single/parrallel

ACG custom pre-amp.

Finish 60% sheen lacquer on the body and headstock.

20% sheen on the neck for a satin feel.

420006748_f2ae3bc23e.jpg

420006751_c7ec1f0132.jpg

420006752_ffd0462c7d.jpg

420006753_3b46681e55.jpg

ACG Gallery

Edited by skelf

it took way too long, but its finally finished.

"Desiree"

Spec: Chambered Sapele back

Flame maple top and neck

Ebony fingerboard

Bare Knuckle Miracle Man humbuckers - each with volume/coil tap, 3-way toggle and master tone

Gotoh 510 tuners

P4021391.jpg

P4021388.jpg

P4021389.jpg

P4021393.jpg

back

pic 1

pic 2

Edited by hooglebug

MP-6 Evo1 038

13 piece neck of mahogany-flamed maple-wengè-padouk-flamed maple

5 piece body of mahogany back- flamed maple - curly redwood top

matching headstock

macassar ebony fingerboard

Hipshot ultralite Y tuners

ETS MK-III bridge

2 humbuckers EMG 45-DC

El. EMG BQS System 3 band @ 18 Volt

Epoxy and polyurethane satin finish

corpo640.jpg

first photo

second photo

bye

Hi all, My name's Stu and here's my first attempt at building. Native Aussie timbers carvetop.

1 piece Qld maple body with a 9mm carve

3 piece Blackwood neck dyed maple between.

Lace she-oak fretboard with inner ebony binding and sheoak outer.

Qld maple headplate with ebony inner binding and Qld maple outer.

25 " scale set neck

Gotoh 510 gold tuners. Gotoh gold tuneomatic bridge

String thru setup with rear ferrules recessed flesh with body.

GFS fatpaf humbuckers. one vol. one tone and 3 way toggle.

m.o.p. side markers and a m.o.p. inlay on the headstock.

finished in pre-cat nitrocellulose lacquer.

DSC04814_edited.jpgDSC04813_edited.jpgDSC04832_edited.jpgDSC04685_edited.jpg

Headstock

She-oak fretboard

neck to body

my build thread (carvetop heaven)

Thankyou and cheers, Stu

• 2 weeks later...