Vintage Correct Les Paul Kits...are They Available?

Why can't you buy an lp that already has the neck glued in? What you're asking for is an entirely machined guitar that's unfinished with the neck yet to be glued in, correct? Unless you simply want to glue the neck in yourself(which isn't that exciting, I assure you), I don't understand why a rebuild of a premade lp is out of the question.

The "vintage correct" caught my eye.

Once you get deep into Les Paul history, especially 1958-1960, you quickly come to realize that "vintage correct" is a list with about 1000 things on it, most of which even Gibson doesn't get right on their reissues. Because of their value, there is an entire group of experts with encyclopedic knowledge of vintage LPs who are routinely hired to judge the authenticity of guitars that will command $100,000 or more (mostly more). I find it pretty fascinating myself.

The "vintage correct" caught my eye.

Once you get deep into Les Paul history, especially 1958-1960, you quickly come to realize that "vintage correct" is a list with about 1000 things on it, most of which even Gibson doesn't get right on their reissues. Because of their value, there is an entire group of experts with encyclopedic knowledge of vintage LPs who are routinely hired to judge the authenticity of guitars that will command $100,000 or more (mostly more). I find it pretty fascinating myself.

No doubt. You could put two '59 LPs side by side and the little differences would be staggering. One might play like butter, the other like crap. Even the reissues are way more accurate to spec than most originals.

If you want an R9 and you don't want to build it from scratch, you're better off buying one or having it custom built. There's plenty of good strat kits out there, and it's for all the reasons why there's not a good set-neck LP kit out there.