Strange Les Paul Type Creature

Hello to all.This is my first post here. This seems like a cool place.

I posted a pic of a guitar that I got about a year ago. This guitar was stuck behind the seat of a truck that I bought. It looked(and still does) like crap,but I plugged it into the amp anyway. This thing sounds great! It plays great,although the action needs to be raised a bit. It has two humbuckers and two each volume and tone.

Now for the question:Can anyone identify this thing? The headstock has no name,theres no serial number,nothing to tell what kind of guitar this is. It had a homemade pickguard made of metal,but I threw that thing away because it was really jagged and bent.

Everyone that I've shown this guitar to says its a Les Paul. No way. I hope Gibson cares more about quality than this thing shows. I know its not a Gibson, but,what is it?

I hope I posted this in the right place.

IMG_00051.jpg

Man there are so MANY LP copies out there it makes me wanna blow chunks. :D I used to have a Grauer LP copy. I recently repaired one that had the name Satellite on the headstock. You can find a gazillion of those types of guitars on the net. This could make an interesting thread, everyone post a pic of their LP copy and lets count the names. Anyway, thats still a nice little bonus with your truck. It would be a good sales ploy down at the dealership. Buy a car and get a free Squier! :D