Messing With Frets On Squier

Hi guys, I have a Squier Stratocaster (think it is Affinity series).

I was messing around with the setup - filing the nut slots deeper, adjusting action, etc. and I noticed that some of the frets on the higher positions are not stuck very well - there is a slight gap underneath each fret. Of course, those frets stand higher than the rest and cause fret buzz.

I will hammer them in to make them lay snugly on the fretboard BUT before I do this I need to know if the frets on Squier Affinity series are glued.

It would suck to find out that they are glued and I am causing more trouble than good with the hammer.

Do you have info on this subject? Are the frets on those Squiers glued?

Thanks.

You would never use hammer blows hard enough to cause damage, whether the frets will go down more or not. (unless you stupidly keep beating until the sun goes down)

A hammer is used to *tap* frets it, not a hard blow, like if you were forcing a square peg into a round hole.

I think more likely that they are not glued. And they also might not stay down, even if you tap them down more.

Super-glue to the rescue.

Also, you run a great risk of causing the fret ends to pop up, when hammering the middle of the fret. Be aware of what's happening after each tap you make.