Idea's from edge

Brian

Did you know you can replace every allen head screw and bolt on a trem and locking nut with a machined phillips head screw be it a flat head or other?

The the only wrenches you would need would be for your truss rod and trem post's..........

Two phillips head screw drivers instead of an army of allens to keep track of!

I'd probably add a locking washer under the two that hold the nut on just so it doesn't come loose............

Why doesn't somebody invent a clicplock nut clasp simular to either a flip-flop locking watch braclet or a mini capo to replace the three hold down pads for a locking nut?

Anybody else have any whacky idea's? :D

Why doesn't somebody invent a clicplock nut clasp simular to either a flip-flop locking watch braclet or a mini capo to replace the three hold down pads for a locking nut?

You HAVE heard of Kahler International, haven't you? They invented that almost 20 years ago. It was really popular in the 80s. Off the top of my head, if you see almost ANY picture of Lita Ford with a guitar, she's got one.

Did you know you can replace every allen head screw and bolt on a trem and locking nut with a machined phillips head screw be it a flat head or other?

That's actually a good idea. You will need to know the screw diameter, the pitch of the threads, and consider the hardness of the screws though.

I'd be tempted to try replacing the allen screws up at the nut end with the fine tuner screws on the bridge end first. No tools, just finger tighten. It's been a long time since I've used a locking trem.