Fiber Carcon Electric Guitars

Hi Salvatore! The avatar is a pic of my very first guitar build based on the Klein Electric Guitar. Click the link to see more on my first guitar project. I did not make the neck for this first one - instead focusing on the body. A neck build is in the near future I suspect.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to your headless design. What hardware are you using for the bridge and nut?

Regards,

Robert

Very interesting, I like it!

I bought a no name hardware. I'm not sure but I'm thinking to build a neck with the headstock and to anchor the strings in the places where usually you install the tuning machines because I did some "aesthetics test" on paper but I was not convinced... I'll let you know :D

Capu,

I have an idea for a project body. It is my own design. It looks like a cross between a Gibson Explorer and a Jackson Randy Rhodes.

My main concern is strength. It needs to be very strong since the shape is "pointy" and thin in many areas. Also concerned about weight, I don't want a 10-15 lbs guitar hanging on me.

Can you do a carbon fiber guitar in any shape and size?

Here is a picture:

14.jpg

Ya know Capu, I gotta say that is amazing! The texture, the shape, the color, that couch is simply amazing! :D

Oh this thread is about the guitar,lol, I really like the CF look and how clean the build is. When you get a chance see if you can get some more pics out in the sun. Many members have displayed their guitars outside laying in some grass or near a tree and for some reason they always look so nice displayed like that, it might also show off your work better like the one with the black flame might "pop" more outside as well as the CF guitar. Anyhow, great build, all of them, your work is very nice, they never look too busy, yet they have a lot of great features. Keep them coming and lots of pics please! J

Edited by jmrentis

Capu,

I have an idea for a project body. It is my own design. It looks like a cross between a Gibson Explorer and a Jackson Randy Rhodes.

My main concern is strength. It needs to be very strong since the shape is "pointy" and thin in many areas. Also concerned about weight, I don't want a 10-15 lbs guitar hanging on me.

There is no particular problem in the shape and size.

In relation to the weight the main problem is that if the body is too light the headstock tends to fall down and the guitar will not be balanced. This is the reason why we put in the middle of the body a wood block.

In other words I think that the body you have in mind can be made of fiber carbon without any particular problem

Ya know Capu, I gotta say that is amazing! The texture, the shape, the color, that couch is simply amazing! :D

Oh this thread is about the guitar,lol, I really like the CF look and how clean the build is. When you get a chance see if you can get some more pics out in the sun. Many members have displayed their guitars outside laying in some grass or near a tree and for some reason they always look so nice displayed like that, it might also show off your work better like the one with the black flame might "pop" more outside as well as the CF guitar. Anyhow, great build, all of them, your work is very nice, they never look too busy, yet they have a lot of great features. Keep them coming and lots of pics please! J

Thank you! :D

Taking pictures in the sun is a very good idea, I'll do it as soon as possible and I'll post the new pictures ;-)

Capu,

There is no particular problem in the shape and size.

In relation to the weight the main problem is that if the body is too light the headstock tends to fall down and the guitar will not be balanced. This is the reason why we put in the middle of the body a wood block.

In other words I think that the body you have in mind can be made of fiber carbon without any particular problem

IM me and we can talk about prices and such. Thanks :D

Any chance of you explaining how to make a CF guitar?? Your site only has the wood one's in build format.

:D

I'll publish as soon as possible the pictures of the building process of a fiber carbon guitar. The main problem is that when we did it the first time we didn't took any picture. Now my collegue Franco is helping it's apprentice (I don't know if this is the correct word) in building one so they are taking the pictures and I'll be able in the next weeks to publish them.

:D