12 String Les Paul

Cheers for the kind words. I'd like to keep it as a 12 string, and infact it will probably always be known as 'the 12 string' but I'm afraid it has to be converted. I've just routed out one of my old 'test rig' guitars for some seymour duncan p90s i bought but didn't have anything to test them on. They sound awesome and i think would be perfect for a 12 string which is why I think I'll convert my plans to make a p90 hollow tele into a p90 hollow tele 12 string....:D

We'll see...

At my building rate, I'll probably never get this thing finished but I've got my router at work so should be able to get some progress made soon!

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Blackdog, take as much insperation from it as you want. Afterall, I took my insperation for it from various other guitars I've seen including some I've seen on here :D

On to the width issue, it won't be too wide for 6 string as the 12 string nut I was going to use is cut into a standard sized blank so it was going to be a narrow necked 12 string.

Pete

Pete.

I missed this thread too - only just caught up with it. I can't imagine seeing it wrecked like that. It would have broken my heart.

I just adored it as a natural finish. I have just started a mahogany body/flame maple tele and was dithering about whether to stain the maple or not. You have made up my mind for me - natural wins.

Thanks

Denis