Good $300 Amps?

mattharris75

I'd cast my vote in with Line6 too, but because I like to tweak EVERYTHING, you might want to pick up a board to store more of your creations. Or get a pretty decent Spider III, 75 watts or up will get you 36 savable slots.

Flextone might actually be more versatile, I dunno. Check 'em out at a store, if you can.

The local store was out of the Line 6 Spiders, but said they will have some in a few weeks. I tried the smaller 15 watt Vox Valvetronix and really liked the sound of that. Particularly in AC30 mode. It has plenty of amp models and effects too, but not as many as the Line 6. I'm going to try them both out back to back before I decide. My birthday isn't until the end of the month anyway, so no hurry.

Vox Valvetronix 30watt, loud enough to gig and some really good sounds.

Yeah, this is the one I was considering. The local store said he should have some of these in later in the month, but I really liked the sound of the 15 watt, so I imagine i'll like the 30 watt at least as much.

+1 for the Vox Valevtronix.

I picked one up a couple months back (AD50VT 212) and have been very happy with it. The presets are worlds better than Line 6 IMO.

The Roland Cube's are also very impressive and organic sounding. Something I find the Line 6 stuff lacks.

BigM555

I played through a Vtronix 50/60w (think it was 50) and my god... stunning amp, excellent piece of kit. I have the 30 and it's a loud little amp! stood up to a Drum kit, two other rhythm players, 3 singers and a hall full of screaming girls very well!... could easily here me shredding :D

• 2 weeks later...

After playing everything I could get my hands on I decided to go for the Vox Valvetronix AD30. It will be a birthday present. My birthday in a week and a half, so i'm looking forward to giving it a go!

Another thing, it was cheaper than the $300 price point I was initially thinking of, so this will leave me a little birthday money with which to buy fretting tools so I can finish my guitar. :D

Edited by mattharris75

Ive had my AD50VT for nearly 18 months and love it as it is so versatile. Heck I am still discovering new sounds on it.

I love the UK80's, Blackface 2x12, AC30, Bassman models. Try the UK 70's with gain and volume cranked to the max, guitar volume on full and set volume on master. Shakes the cobwebs out.

Edited by Acousticraft