New Project

Well I finally picked this up again the other day, starting to do more work again.

I like the idea Bryan, definitely would help make the design more unique...unfortunately I feel like it's a bit late to do something like that, would need to rebind and all. I'll keep that in mind for my next build though!

After putting in the first two frets I went "Shoot...what about the fret markers?" Doh...so I took out the frets and did my first inlay work, which went about as well as I could hope for.

guit28.jpg

guit29.jpg

Kitty inspecting the work

guit25.jpg

Shot of the back, still some carving to do but very comfortable already.

That's it for now, hoping to finally get going on the pickup and trem routes done soon so I can string it up

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input, guys :D

Green was my initial plan for the top and I think that's what I'll probably end up going with. Got some green stain that I'll test out a bit before I make any final decisions.

Got the routing finished the other day, the frets hammered in and the hardware's placed in to make sure everything fits. It looks so close that I just want to throw some strings on and see if it works, but there's a lot of little things I need to do before getting to that point (though I guess the frets and nut are all that are really holding me back at this point).

guit31.jpg

guit32.jpg

guit33.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...