Saga Prs Copy Kit Came Damaged

:D there's a dent on the front right where the bridge pickup route is - the sealer dented and cracked but no chunks are missing. there's also a long crack in the sealer connecting the two pickup cavities.

totally lame. when i received it, the guitar was shifted all the way to one side of the box and I can clearly see where something heavy came down on the top of the box; there's a rip.

I was thinking it doesn't matter since i'll take the sealer off and stain it anyway, but I figured, the dent probably went through the flame maple veneer too. so if I sanded it down to the sealer, either there will be a stop when I can't reach (because the veneer sunk in), or I will sand deep to reach that sunken area and sand right through the veneer. it sucks how the maple cap isn't flamed.

I called Torres today, and they said they can send me a new one at no cost but I will have to send it back at my expenses. :D it's not their fault, but I think they could've double boxed it or something.

so what should I do? I should probably send it back and get my money's worth, right? or should I go ahead and sand down to the veneer?

thanks

That's the Famous Torres Customer Service for ya. They're great if you go to their store in person and buy their crap, but I've heard about stuff like this going on when they ship anything out. Technically, they aren't responsible for shipping damage, but they don't seem to care whether they securely pack the product to begin with.

Send it back, get your money back for the guitar, and buy a Grizzly Heirloom kit. A lot better guitar than the Saga for about the same price--and Grizzly will actually pack it decently.

That's the Famous Torres Customer Service for ya. They're great if you go to their store in person and buy their crap, but I've heard about stuff like this going on when they ship anything out. Technically, they aren't responsible for shipping damage, but they don't seem to care whether they securely pack the product to begin with.

Send it back, get your money back for the guitar, and buy a Grizzly Heirloom kit. A lot better guitar than the Saga for about the same price--and Grizzly will actually pack it decently.

um that one's about $200 more...

so I'm thinking about NOT sending it back. i looked at the dent again and it's really really shallow. it will probably disappear when I sand the sealer down and the pickup ring will cover it.

but when i called they said go ahead and send the body back (just the body) and they'll send me a new body. they gave me their UPS account number to use so it's free to send it back. HOWEVER, when they receive the body they're gonna contact Saga about it to see if THEY can get a refund for the body, and if they can't, they'll probably charge my credit card again. not to mention it's a shipping error so there's no chance in hell Saga's gonna refund them the money.

what should i do........

Edited by iskim86

If it's just a dent, not a chip, steam it out. Damp towel, household iron, done.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever completed a guitar that didn't require some type of steaming dents out at some point along the way. I'm just that clumsy while I'm building, I guess. Or maybe it's the fact I work in very, very cramped quarters. Possibly both.