What Pickups Are The "best Of The Best"?

Lotza_Noize

For cool Steve Vai sound, I'd go with the combination with more Evo's :D since those are kinda his signature pickups and all. I honestly don't use the middle pickup at all, ever, haha, but if you do then I'd get a decent mid pickup like the one's you picked out. Otherwise, I'd just get a broken pickup to fill the space with.

Thanks Xanthus, as well as everyone else. Thanks for the input.

I'm going to go for this config.

Neck: Evolution Neck (DP158)

Middle: HS-3 (DP117)

Bridge: Evo 2 Bridge (DP215)

:D

I do not care the cost, what pickups do you feel are the "Best of the Best"? I play rock and metal, fast and slow. Looking to find what sounds the best for great harmonics and a clear signal. I can distort at the far end when needed. And I could have a good clear signal for solos and rhythm work.

Let me first say what configurations and guitar details. I am building a custom Ibanez JEM with a new Prestige RG 24 fret neck. The body will be made of Swamp Ash and the Pickups will be the Ibanez standard config of Humbucker-Single-Humbucker (2-1-2).

(Edited) I will be looking at amps soon. But I would probably buy a Marshall AVT275X combo amp for practice.

avt275xspecs.jpg

So with that being said what pickups would you use?

P.S. has anyone ever used Q-tuner pickups? Has anyone ever used Bare Knuckle Pickups? Are DiMarzio pickups worth it? What about Seymour Duncan? What about EMG?

Again looking for the "Best of the Best" in your opinion.

ROCK ON!!! :D

I tried Bill Lawrence single coil pickups in a Strat I assembled. I am very pleased, very clear and clean . If you go to billlawrence.com click on Wildegate

and there are discussions on various pickups he makes. He makes humbuckers also. He has a good reputation and designed pickups for Fender and he worked for Gibson in design. His prices are good and like I said he is a well respected designer of pickups.